Mauritian law has its own particularities, being a hybrid legal system of both English and French law. Etude Dya Ghose, Attorneys group a number of attorneys who have graduated from the University of Mauritius and have taken the Law Practitioners’ Vocational Course. They have a strong understanding of Mauritian civil law which allows them to handle all types of civil cases including contractual and tortuous claims, personal injury claims, debt recovery cases, defamation cases, family law and breach of tenancy agreements and eviction orders.
• Advising a local company in a claim brought by its former employee for tortious liability of the sum of MUR 9 million.
• Advising the Chairman of a betting company in Mauritius in a defamation case and brought a claim of MUR 50 million before the Supreme Court against a local newspaper.
• Advising a national telecommunications company in Mauritius in a case against the Mauritius Revenue Authority for a claim of MUR 65 million for overpayment of charges and penalties.
• Representing a horse racing organiser in Mauritius in a MUR 7 billion matter against The State of Mauritius for loss of earnings as a result of amendments brought to relevant laws.
• Representing a contractor in a MUR 70 million claim against a promoter of a residential project along the coast.
• Acted for partners of a legal firm in a recovery claim of MUR 33 million representing unpaid professional fees in respect of advisory work
Contact us now to discover how our assistance can benefit you.